Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Brit Awards 2012!

So the Brit Awards were on last night and I have to say it wasn't the most interesting awards show but there were performances from Coldplay, Florence and the Machine, Olly Murs and Rizzle Kicks, Ed Sheeran, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Adele, Bruno Mars, Rihanna and Blur. The highlight of the night though was James Cordon running on stage in the middle of Adele's acceptance speech for Mastercard Album of the Year and cutting her off for Blur's performance! Adele got her own back though by flipping the finger at the ITV 'suits' but she made it quite clear at the winners conference that it wasn't too her fans when she said:

"I flung the middle finger at the suits, not the fans, I want people to know that. Sorry if I offended anyone, but the people in suits offended me. I wasn't swearing at the fans, but I didn't get to complete my thank you speech!"
All I can say is go Adele!!

Now onto the main reason I watch the awards, the dresses!!! There seemed to be a constant theme of red this year, red dresses, red shoes, red bags and even red lipstick, here are some of my favourites:
Jessie J
A daring dress which is very revealing!! but I think it goes with her style so I like it


Rihanna
Looking gorgeous in this Givenchy dress, not sure about the gloves though too dominatrix-y for me!

Lana Del Rey
I really loved her dress as it was so elegant and simplistic, however she did have some problems with the train and had to be assisted back to her seat after she won her award!
Christina Perri
This dress is gorgeous but Christina Perri really didn't do it justice, maybe if she'd put her hair up and stayed away from the tattoo parlour this dress would have got more notice.
Bruno Mars
Okay, so technically, he wasn't wearing a dress BUT he looked so good last night I couldn't help slipping him in! This is him winning his award for best international male solo artist
Emma Bunton
The laser cut patterned dress is very on trend at the moment and the killer Louboutins are perfect for the red carpet, should have left the 'mum' bag at home though
Caroline Flack
Looking quite casual but she's following her usual style, I like her bag though, the bright print really livens up her outfit.
Fearne Cotton
I really liked her outfit I think the sheer blouse suited her perfectly and I love the cute handbag!
Laura Whitmore
My favourite dress!!! I absolutely love the MTV presenters dress!!! I have a bit of an obsession with the cutout and polka dot combination dresses at the moment and this dress is exactly what I'd where on a night out I'm so jealous!! It doesn't help that she looks absolutely gorgeous with that red lipstick on definitely my favourite dress of the night!


Thanks for reading!
Please comment or email at littlebeccabeauty@hotmail.co.uk if you have any questions or comments ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment