Wednesday 22 February 2012

My First Ever Glossy Box!!

Hi guys, so this is my first ever glossy box! (find this here!) I've been thinking about subscribing to a beauty box for a while now and I was trying to decide which one was best, and whether it was worth the money. So after looking at Glossy Box, Carmine Box, and the Feel Unique Beauty Box I decided to get Glossy Box which is £12.95 a month with postage + packaging, I chose this one as it has a beauty profile that you can create so that they can send you products that you are most likely to want and it just seemed the most reliable out of the others. This months box was themed around  London Fashion Week so was products that would be useful on the go and suitable for everyone.Since the majority of people got theirs on Monday there has been a lot of debate whether it was worth the money or not as there seemed to be a 'good' box and a 'bad' box, I seem to have recieved the 'bad' box (although I'm pretty happy with it!) which I worked out to be about £20.00 in value and around £58 in value if they were all full size so for £12 I really don't think that's bad.



What I got:

DuWop Venom Gloss (find this here!) (size:5ml colour:buttercup)
What they said: 'combining subtle tinted lip gloss with DuWop's Lip Venom to create Venom Gloss'
What I'm saying: I got a 5ml sample in the colour buttercup which is a really nice nude pink and is not a bad sample size for lip gloss, the full size is £16 and you get 10.4ml so you can see how glossy box really isn't that bad for money. I hadn't really heard about the company but apparently they invented the first lip plumper and they sell a range of makeup on their website. There is a warning on the glossybox card of a tingling sensation when using the gloss, if you like Carmex you will probably like this product as it really does make your lips tingle but not too much so it doesn't burn or sting, the colour is very natural and would probably suit most skintones, and it smells quite like cinnamon which i haven't really come across in a lip gloss before, I didn't really feel like my lips looked any 'plumper' with the gloss on but it did make me want to pout a lot! One of the good things about this product is glossybox subscribers actually get a 20% discount on any full size Venom Gloss which makes it only £12.80 :)
Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Dr Bronner Magic Liquid Soap (find this here!) (size:59ml)
What they said: 'a combination of organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils'
What I'm saying: this is actually a full size product that costs £1.99 so it's not really the high end luxury that glossybox advertise but obviously sometimes cheaper products can be good too. I don't know if they sent different scents or types as it hasn't gone up on the glossybox website yet but mine is in Lavender. I'm not a particularly big fan of lavender but this isn't too strong and it has hemp in it too which means it will be really conditioning for my hands. After using this a couple of times I'd say you could probably use it as a hand oil/cream as it soaked into my hands pretty quickly and there wasn't really anything to wash off. I don't really like the smell of lavender but it did make my hands feel nice and soft and moisturised so it may be worth the smell!
Rating: ♥♥♥

Paul Mitchell Round Trip (find this here!) (size:25ml)
What they said: 'this liquid curl definer is fast-drying for enhanced curls in an instant..'
What I'm saying: I was really excited when this came through as I have naturally curly hair so is perfect for me! It is part of the Paul Mitchell's Express Style range which after stacking hundreds of bottles on shelves whilst working in a hairdressers I was a little reserved about whether I would be able to shift my detest of these products but it smells great and I'm looking forward to using it!
Rating: ♥♥♥

BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow (find this here!) (size:1g colour:dusty road)
What they said: 'award winning pure mineral eyeshadow. cruelty free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans'
What I'm saying: I got the eyeshadow in dusty road which is a golden shimmery beige which is perfect for me as I love more natural toned eyeshadows. BM Beauty is Kimberly Wyatt's makeup range, the cruelty free part is that they don't test their products on animals, I'm not normally a huge fan of mineral make-up but I quite like this eyeshadow. There's been a lot of debate about this sample as it is only 1g, well I would like to point out to all those moaning that the full size product is 2g so 1g is a pretty decent sample size, the full size price is £7.00 which I think is a little steep for one eyeshadow but the mineral ranges generally tend to be more expensive anyway
Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Como Shambhala Invigorate Body Lotion (find this here!) (size:50ml)
What they said: 'a revitalising blend of essential oils that puts you in a perfectly uplifted mood'
What I'm saying: Como Shambhala is actually a product used in Como hotels all around the world, so the people also moaning about this looking like something from a hotel, it is! This is maybe my favourite product just because it has that smell, I'm talking about the smell that every beauty salon I have ever been to has, since I got this on monday me and my mum have been fighting over it because it smells so good! It's very conditioning on the skin but not too heavy which is good so the skin doesn't get greasy. The full size is £20.00 for 300ml but I think this sample size is the perfect handbag/travel size for when you're on the go.
Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Thanks for reading! if you have any comments or questions please feel free to comment me on here or email me at littlebeccabeauty@hotmail.co.uk

*disclaimer - due to my camera being broken I have been unable to take my own photographs so all images are sourced either from the companies direct website which has been linked or from google images*

No comments:

Post a Comment